Imagine making a soup from scratch in under 15 minutes! That’s all the time it will take to whip up this concoction to serve with a beautiful garnish as part of a lunch or dinner.
Cook time: -
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
¼ medium (27g) red onion, coarsely chopped
½ small (59g) green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 handful assorted herbs (dill, parsley, mint, basil), fresh
2 medium (402g) cucumbers, peeled and cubed (¼ inch wide)
1 cup (235 ml) water, divided
2 cups (475 ml) whole milk yogurt or low-fat yogurt
¼ teaspoon black or white pepper, freshly ground to taste
½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
edible flower petals (pansy, geranium, nasturtium, borage) for garnish (optional)
- Place the chopped garlic, onion, and bell pepper into a blender or, if using an immersion blender, into a large bowl with tall sides.
- Snip the herb leaves and set aside.
- Scoop half the cubed cucumber into the blender or bowl and most of the herbs (reserve some for garnish).
- Add a ½ cup of the water. Blend until well combined.
- Add the yogurt and blend until smooth. Note: if you use Greek yogurt, you will need to add more water to get to a desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt (if using), and pepper. Pour soup in a large serving bowl.
- Add the remaining diced cucumbers to the soup.
- Add 8 ice cubes and refrigerate.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with edible flowers and remaining fresh herbs.