This is a delicious winter soup that cooks in an hour, yielding a thick texture and delicious melding of winter veggies. The cheese offers just the right amount of additional flavor and richness to texture. This recipe is a good way to get many vitamins and fiber into your family’s diet.
1½ cup of soup
Cook time: 1hr 0min
Total: 1hr 35min
2 cups cabbage, chopped
1 cup cauliflower florets, diced into half-inch cubes
1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup carrot, diced
½ cup celery, diced
8 cups water
½ cup black beans
5 ounces small macaroni
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup olive oil
A pinch of salt (optional)
A pinch of black pepper, grounded (optional)
- Combine all the chopped vegetables in a large pot or Dutch oven and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Cover with water and set over medium-high heat.
- Add in the beans, macaroni, grated cheese and olive oil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 1 hour.
- Taste and season as needed with salt, pepper, and additional cheese if desired. The soup should be very thick.
- Serve in bowls with a dusting of grated cheese on top.