Waffles with Maple Yogurt
If you thought waffles were only great with maple or fruit syrup, think again. The delicious creaminess of the Maple Cinnamon Yogurt sauce moistens the waffles nicely while the juicy, only slightly sweet citrus adds the perfect tart flavor balance.
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
1 ⅔ cups unbleached flour
Pinch sea salt, to taste
2 cups milk,1% fat
2 medium eggs
1 cup Greek yogurt, plain whole milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 small (96 grams) blood orange, peeled and cut crosswise into 8 slices
- Melt butter and let cool. Reserve one tablespoon for greasing the waffle iron.
- Combine flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add half the milk to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the milk, eggs, and butter.
- Mix well until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly to create the sauce.
- Heat the waffle iron.
- Brush the waffle iron with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour ½ cup of batter into the waffle iron.
- Serve each waffle with Cinnamon Maple Yogurt sauce and slices of blood orange.