Cook time: 5min
7 ounces of extra firm tofu
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 ½ tablespoons tahini (sesame butter), may use sunflower or cashew butter
1 ¼ teaspoons Mrs. Dash® taco seasoning
⅛ teaspoon black salt, crushed or sea (kosher) salt
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
⅛ teaspoon ground coriander
⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary
⅛ teaspoon ground mustard
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
8 taco shells (La Tiara® recommended)
1 tablespoon oil
4 tablespoons green or red bell pepper, diced
4 tablespoons corn kernels, diced (preferably fresh but can use no salt added canned)
4 tablespoons tomatoes, diced
8 tablespoons Daiya® vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
8 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Press the tofu for 10 minutes, draining the water frequently. Remove and pat it dry.
- Place the shells on the lowest oven rack. Do not start the oven yet!
- Mix the water, lime juice, and tahini together.
- Mix the taco seasoning, salt, turmeric, cumin, coriander, oregano, thyme, rosemary, mustard and yeast.
- With your hands, combine the tahini mixture, the seasoning mixture and tofu. Crumble the tofu as you mix it.
- Now, preheat the oven to warm or 170°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil. Once hot, add the bell peppers and corn. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu mixture and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently so tofu does not stick.
- Stir the tomatoes into the pan and remove from heat.
- Remove shells when oven reaches temperature.
- Place 4 tablespoons of tofu eggs into each shell. Top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Serve 2 tacos each. Top each taco with 1 tablespoon of cilantro.