Vegan Banana Bread
This banana bread is moist and not too sweet so the flavor of the bananas fully comes through. It freezes very well, so you can make half and freeze the rest for the future.
1⁄12 bread slice
Cook time: 1hr 0min
Total: 1hr 10min
4 medium (47 grams) bananas, ripe
⅓ cup vegetable oil
½ cup sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ cup applesauce
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
9 x 5 x 3-inch (23 x 13 x 7.5 cm) loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel the bananas and mash with a fork. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the vegetable oil into the mashed bananas with a wooden spoon.
- Add and stir in the sugar, salt, applesauce, vanilla, ground flaxseeds, baking soda, and agave nectar into the bowl.
- Add the flour. Stir until ingredients are well incorporated. Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until the top springs back slightly depressed. Cool on a rack.