Cook time: -
1 large cucumber
1 ½ cups 2% plain Greek yogurt
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt (optional, not included in nutritional analysis)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional, not included in nutritional analysis)
- Cut off the stem end of the cucumber.
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the cucumber. You should have about 2 cups.
- Place the grated cucumber in a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt, if using, to draw out the excess moisture.
- After 10 minutes, use the bottom of a coffee mug or a potato masher and press the cucumber to release the liquid. Repeat two more times for a total of 30 minutes.
- While the cucumber is draining, combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and season with pepper, if using.
- Add the drained cucumbers and store refrigerated in an airtight container until needed.