Tender Oatmeal Pancakes
Oatmeal adds an interesting toasty flavor to these pancakes that is further enhanced by cooking them in butter. The butter will melt slightly into the cooking pancakes, lightly browning them and creating a luscious nutty taste. Make sure your butter does not get too brown, however, because it can become almost bitter. For a real treat, serve these pancakes with a couple tablespoons of whipped cream.
Cook time: 12min
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice milk and egg.
- Add the rice milk mixture to the flour mixture, and whisk to combine well.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, and melt half the butter.
- Scoop the batter, about ¼ cup for each pancake, into the skillet, and cook the pancakes until the edges are firm and the bottoms are golden, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining butter and batter.
- Serve the pancakes hot.