Cook time: -
¾ cup pecans, chopped and toasted
1 medium (61g each) carrot, julienned
1 small (234g) fennel bulb, shredded or thinly sliced
¼ small head (142g) red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 small (74g) red pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup dill, chopped
⅓ cup lemon juice
⅓ cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 (14g) jalapeño, diced and seeded
2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a small tray with baking paper.
- Add pecans on the tray, place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through cook time. Watch and be careful not to let the nuts burn.
- When done, reserve pecans in a separate small bowl.
- Combine the carrots, fennel, red cabbage and red pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Add in the chopped herbs and mix well.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients except sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix in sugar with a whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add the dressing to the mixed slaw. Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle toasted pecans over each individual portion.