Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf
Meat loaf is inexpensive to make and a versatile meal that can be customized any way you like, depending on your palate and budget. This recipe would work nicely with ground chicken or pork as well.
1 pound 95% lean ground beef
½ cup bread crumbs
½ cup sweet onion, chopped
1 large egg
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, basil, thyme, parsley and pepper until well combined.
- Press the meat mixture into a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, vinegar, and garlic powder.
- Spread the brown sugar mixture evenly over the meat.
- Bake the meat loaf for about 50 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Let the meat loaf stand for 10 minutes and then pour out any accumulated grease.