Cook time: 30min
5 medium (46g each) Poblano peppers
2 cups water
1 cup quinoa
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small (70g) onion, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
2 small (50g each) carrots, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ cup roasted red peppers (from a jar), diced
1 tablespoon canned chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
1 cup canned low sodium peas, drained
⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut a slit into each pepper lengthwise, without removing the stem. Scoop out the seeds and set them aside.
- Heat water in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa. Bring to a boil and simmer until cooked and water absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet and add in the olive oil.
- Sauté the onion, celery and carrots until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cooked quinoa and mix well. Add the roasted red peppers, chipotle, peas, and pecans.
- Arrange the stuffed peppers in a shallow baking dish. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the peppers are softened and the filling well heated.
- Serve with a side salad or meat. Enjoy!