Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
These peppers are very sweet and tasty – you’ll want to keep a can on hand as this dish makes a very impressive appetizer that can be prepared in no time. Great for impromptu dinner parties!
2 stuffed peppers
6 servings (12 stuffed peppers)
12 (10 ½ ounces) Picuezo® piquillo peppers, canned, drained, whole
1 (43g) shallot, minced
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoons Spanish vinegar
4 ounces goat cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, unsalted
1 6-ounces can (or 4.5 ounces, drained) tuna in water, no salt added
- Remove peppers from the can. Rinse under cool water to remove as much sodium as possible.
- Drain and spread the whole peppers on a cutting board.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the shallot, capers, vinegar and goat cheese. Mix well.
- Add the olive oil and mix well. Season with black pepper.
- Add the sunflower seeds and mix again.
- Flake the tuna and add to the cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the peppers. Distribute evenly.
- Serve as an appetizer, side dish or lunch with a side salad.