Strawberry & Spinach Pasta Salad
Adding fruit to savory meals is not common in American cooking. Yet many other cultures use fruit to add complexity and more flavor to their meals. This recipe is surprisingly simple and delicious. When the strawberries are in season you will find yourself making this over and over again.
Cook time: 10min
12 cups water
½ pound farfalle (or penne, rotelle) pasta
½ pint strawberries
3 cups spinach leaves (baby or torn large leaves)
⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons pomegranate or balsamic vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
Pinch of black pepper
- Boil water in a large pot with ½ tablespoon of salt and a splash of olive oil. Add pasta and cook for approximately 8 minutes.
- Hull strawberries and slice in half lengthwise or in quarters if they are large.
- Drain the cooked pasta in a sieve and let cool.
- Add the cooled pasta, spinach, sliced strawberries, chopped nuts and feta into a serving bowl and mix well.
- Combine the vinegar, olive oil, honey and black pepper in a liquid measuring cup. Mix well with small whisk or fork.
- Pour over the salad ingredients. Mix well again and enjoy!