2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ large yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash® Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
2 pounds collard greens, washed well, stemmed and leaves chopped
4 cups reduced sodium or no salt added chicken broth
2 tablespoons vinegar (such as apple cider vinegar)
1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and butter. Add onions and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chipotle seasoning blend and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Add collard greens in batches, stirring to combine well and until the greens wilt.
- Add chicken broth and vinegar, and cover. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 45 minutes or until very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the tomatoes, and season with ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored, refrigerated, for up to 3 days.