Cook time: 30min
Cooking oil spray
½ cup butter, unsalted
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour, white all purpose, enriched
2 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 ½ cups blueberries, frozen, thawed
Standard 3-inch muffin tin
Optional: Paper muffin cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a standard (3-inch) muffin tin with cooking spray or line tin with paper muffin cups.
- Melt the butter.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar in a separate bowl. Stir to distribute evenly.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the milk mixture until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Rinse the blueberries with cool water to wash away dark juices to avoid a very purple colored muffin.
- Drain well after rinsing. Add the blueberries to the batter; stir gently to combine.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups; will make 15 muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until browned.
- Remove the muffins to cool on a rack before serving.
- Serve warm if possible. Store remaining muffins in a sealed container for up to one week.