Cook time: 15min
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ small (35g) onion, diced
6 ounces egg noodles, dry
4 ounces sauerkraut, drained
½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1 tablespoon dill, fresh, chopped
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Fill a large pot ⅔ with water and set to boil.
- Add the egg noodles to the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add sauerkraut to the cooked onions with a ½ tablespoon more butter. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Combine the noodles with sauerkraut mixture in the skillet and the final ½ tablespoon of butter. Season with black pepper and mix well.
- Serve on plates garnished with chopped dill. Enjoy with a side salad.