Savory Egg Muffins
Prep this on-the-go snack on Sunday, so that you have something quick to grab while you’re running out the door the next few mornings. Both delicious and nutritious, these muffins are sure to keep you fueled until lunchtime.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cup spinach, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, or to taste
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
Makes: 12 Serving size: 1 muffin
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet, add oil, peppers and onion. Sauté until tender.
3. Add spinach, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk together.
5. Stir in cooked vegetables.
6. Pour evenly into a prepared muffin pan.
7. Cook 15-20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
Recipe contributed by Sarah Cortese, RD/LD