Cook time: 10min
20 ounces blood oranges, peeled and pith removed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup (40g) kalamata olives, pitted and halved
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon white wine or champagne vinegar
2 tablespoons red onion, sliced
2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
¼ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Cut the oranges crosswise into rounds.
- Arrange orange slices on a serving platter.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a small skillet for about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add olives and rosemary. Cook and stir until the rosemary sizzles slightly, but still green, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl.
- Stir in the vinegar immediately. Add the onion slices.
- Pour dressing mixture over the oranges.
- Season with sea salt if desired.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve.