Sautéed Chicken Tenders
This is a great dish that everyone in the family will enjoy. When you can choose the healthy ingredients on your own, you will never need to consider packaged or carryout ‘chicken nuggets’ again.
Cook time: 20min
12 ounces chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons and ¼ cup olive oil, divided
½ cup breadcrumbs
¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Pinch salt (optional, not included in nutrient analysis)
- Place the chicken pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Add the 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the breadcrumbs, pepper and salt (if using) to the bowl. Mix well to coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining ¼ cup olive oil.
- Sauté the chicken in the hot oil in batches; do not crowd the chicken pieces so they can become evenly crispy and browned.
- Serve with vegetable and grain side dishes.