Salmon Patties with Pear Salsa
If you keep canned salmon in your pantry, you will likely have most of these other basic ingredients on hand and can whip up this recipe when you do not have time to plan ahead.
Cook time: 10min
2, 7.5-ounce cans salmon, drained, rinsed (Crown Prince® brand or similar brand labeled “low sodium” or “no salt added”)
1 small (70 grams) onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely diced
2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 ¼ cups breadcrumbs, homemade or Panko type
Pinch sea salt (not included in nutrient calculations)
⅛ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1 large (230 grams) bosc pears, peeled and chopped
1 small (91 grams) plum tomato, peeled, seeded, chopped
½ cup red onion, diced
2 regular (28 grams) jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine the canned salmon, onion, celery, parsley, egg, Dijon mustard and breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix until well incorporated.
- Form mixture into 5, evenly sized patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties in batches until golden and crispy, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine the pears, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, lime juice, ginger, red pepper flakes and ground mustard in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Scoop salsa with a spoon under or over each salmon patty on individual plates.
- Serve a lemon wedge with each serving.