Cook time: 5min
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sumac
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup (50 grams) walnuts
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 cups (184 grams) mesclun mix, unpacked
½ cup (73 grams) hearts of palm, cut into 2 to 3 inch x ¼ inch batons
2 ounces goat cheese, chilled and crumbled
- Combine the mustard, sumac, oil, vinegar, and honey in a liquid measuring cup. Beat with a fork to form the vinaigrette dressing.
- Heat a very small saucepan and add the walnuts, butter, and sugar over medium heat. Stir until the walnuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer walnuts to a plate to cool, separating them so they do not stick together. Set aside for 3 minutes for coating to harden.
- Arrange the mesclun lettuce greens on two individual serving plates.
- Place half the batons of hearts of palm over each of the beds of greens.
- Add crumbled goat cheese and candied walnuts around.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over each salad. Serve immediately.