Asparagus is always a welcome addition to spring pasta, stews and soups. But as a side dish, it is especially delicious with herbs and butter. The sage butter in this recipe really enhances the asparagus flavor and is wonderful served with roast meat, and especially lamb.
20 medium (300 grams) asparagus stalks
2 tablespoons olive oil
⅛ teaspoon sea salt (included in the nutrient analysis)
⅛ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup sage leaves, fresh
1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter and add chopped sage and lemon while asparagus is roasting.
- Remove the asparagus when tender, testing with a fork.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving dish. Pour sage/lemon butter over the stalks.
- Serve immediately.