This is a very moist cake with delicate sweetness highlighted by the citrus and berries. This cake is made easy by using melted butter, so you don’t need a hand-mixer to combine the ingredients.
Cook time: 1hr 0min
Total: 1hr 20min
1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 large eggs
½ cup ricotta
1 tablespoon orange zest
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the bottom of a 9″-diameter cake or springform pan with parchment paper and coat the sides with 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta, orange zest and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold egg mixture into dry ingredients until blended. Fold in melted butter and mix well.
- Add ¾ cup of the raspberries and mix gently to avoid crushing the berries.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining ¼ cup raspberries on top.
- Bake cake until golden brown – check after 45 minutes. Total bake time is approximately 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted come out dry.
- Cool for 20 minutes before unmolding. Slice the cake into 8 even slices and enjoy!
Recipe contributed by FamilyCook Productions