3 cups rice noodles
1 cucumber, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
1 cup carrot, shredded
1 cup edamame, shelled and chopped
2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1½ tablespoons honey
¼ cup no sodium added rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Makes: 6 Serving size: 1
1. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine vegetables with cooked rice noodles.
4. To make the dressing, combine olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar and minced garlic in a small bowl. Whisk together.
5. Pour dressing over the noodle and vegetables and stir to mix.
6. Optional: Top with sesame seeds.
Recipe contributed by Sara Pellegrino, MPH, RD, LDN