Rainbow Rice Noodle Salad
This bright and fresh rainbow rice noodle salad is as flavorful as it looks. Make this rice noodle dish as a meal prep for lunches as it holds its flavor for several days in the fridge.
1/6 of recipe
3 cups rice noodles
1 red bell pepper
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup shelled edamame
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1 ½ tablespoon honey
¼ cup no sodium added rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Makes: 6 Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
1. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
2. Chop cucumber, red bell pepper, purple cabbage, edamame and carrots into bite size pieces.
3. In a large bowl combine chopped vegetables with cooked rice noodles.
4. In a small bowl combine olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar and minced garlic for the dressing. Whisk together.
5. Pour dressing over the noodle and vegetables and stir together.
6. Optional: Top with sesame seeds.
Recipe contributed by Sara Pellegrino, MPH, RD, LDN