½ – ⅔ cup boiling water
1 package fettuccine pasta
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup meat or fish or shrimp of choice
1-2 cups veggies (asparagus, broccoli, peas)
1 package (8 ounce) Neufchâtel or cream cheese
½ cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup fresh parsley
¼ cup fresh basil
- In a medium pot, boil water over medium-high heat. Once boiling, remove 2/3 of water and set aside. Add pasta into the pot and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, sauté garlic in oil.
- Add your desired meat, fish and veggies into pan and sauté until done with garlic.
- In food processor or blender, mix cheeses and fresh herbs and 1/2 cup of the hot water.
- If sauce is too thick, add more water.
- Pour into the same pan, over sautéed garlic and veggies and meat or fish of your choice.
- Pour mixture over pasta and serve.
Recipe contributed by Katie D. Huff