Cook time: 35min
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
1 teaspoon cinnamon, grounded
½ teaspoon anise, grounded
½ teaspoon allspice, grounded
2 cups cornmeal, coarsely grounded
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons sugar
2 (15 ounces) cans pumpkin puree
15 ounces yogurt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 13-inch, oven safe, cast iron skillet with olive or coconut oil cooking spray.
- Mix ginger and all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, pumpkin, yogurt and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add salt, if using.
- Bake in skillet for 35 minutes or until set. Cool slightly.
- Slice into 10 even wedges and serve warm. Enjoy!