Poached Eggs with Cilantro Butter
Poached eggs are easy to make with this technique—creating a wonderful breakfast with their creamy yolk and tender whites. Topped with a fragrant herb butter, these eggs go great over a piece of toast, or even on their own.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
A dash of vinegar
4 large eggs
Black pepper, freshly grounded, to taste
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the parsley and cilantro, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, and pour into a small dish.
- In a small saucepan, bring about 3 inches of water to a simmer. Add the dash of vinegar.
- Crack 1 egg into a cup or ramekin. Using a spoon, create a whirlpool in the simmering water, and then pour the egg into the water. Use the spoon to draw the white together until just starting to set. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Cook for 4 to 7 minutes, depending on how set you like your yolk.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the eggs.
- Serve the eggs topped with 1 tablespoon of the herbed butter and some pepper.