Eggs can be cooked in many different ways, and they are especially delicious with fresh greens and lots of herbs. This recipe may cause you to fall in love with dill, a kidney-friendly herb.
Cook time: 20min
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, divided
2 (89g each) leeks, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
5 ounces frozen spinach greens, chopped
4 medium eggs
1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon baking powder
5 ounces cauliflower, fresh cooked or frozen, chopped
⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Heat a medium skillet and add the oil and half the butter.
- Add the leeks, lower heat and cook slowly until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more on low heat.
- Drain the thawed spinach and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk eggs to mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add baking powder to egg mixture.
- Add the drained vegetables, cauliflower and dill to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add the cooked, softened leeks to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add the remaining butter to the same skillet to melt.
- Add the egg and veggie mixture.
- Cook over medium heat and cover. Cook about 7 minutes or until set.
- Cut into 4 equal wedges and serve.