Pasta with Peas and Lemon
A pasta dish that’s simple yet oh so satisfying with mashed peas acting as a pseudo sauce. Lemon juice and zest brighten this dish up, while a bit of Parmesan cheese adds some richness to the dish.
10 ounces frozen peas
8 ounces any short pasta, such as ditalini
1 lemon, zested and juiced
¼ ounce (about ¼ cup) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the peas until tender and then transfer them with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- In the same pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, mash the peas with a fork and combine with the lemon zest and juice, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta while reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the pea mixture and stir to combine. Add the reserved pasta water as needed to moisten the pasta. Serve.