Pasta with Peas and Lemon
A pasta dish that’s simple yet oh so satisfying with mashed peas acting as a pseudo sauce. Lemon juice and zest brighten this dish up, while a bit of Parmesan cheese adds some richness to the dish.
10 ounces frozen peas
8 ounces any short pasta, such as ditalini
1 lemon, zested and juiced
¼ ounce (about ¼ cup) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Makes: 4 Serving size: 1
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the peas until tender and then transfer them with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- In the same pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, mash the peas with a fork and combine with the lemon zest and juice, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta while reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the pea mixture and stir to combine. Add the reserved pasta water as needed to moisten the pasta. Serve.
Recipe contributed by Aaron Hutcherson