Cook time: 5min
2 cups water
2 cups white rice
2 cups coconut water, unsweetened
1 can coconut milk, unsweetened
⅓ cup sugar
4 slices lime
- Fill a small saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from the stove.
- Combine water and rice in a medium bowl. Cover and set overnight at room temperature.
- Combine rice mixture and coconut water the next day and blend until smooth.
- Stretch cheesecloth over a medium-sized bowl. Secure with a rubber band or twine.
- Pour the rice puree through the cheesecloth and strain the liquid into the bowl (NOTE: You may have to rinse the cheese cloth a few times as the rice particles will form a sediment and barrier to the liquid pouring through).
- Discard rice sediment and set aside strained rice water.
- Heat coconut milk and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until sugar is completely dissolved, about 4 minutes. Cool.
- Pour sweetened coconut mixture into the rice mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with ice and squeeze of lime and lime slice for garnish.