Mediterranean Style Mussels
This is a delicious version of the famous French mussels dish, moules mariniere, cooked with butter and wine sauce. This is a great year-round dish using fresh mussels.
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 small (70 grams) onion, thinly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups white wine (used white Burgundy for nutrient calculations)
¼ cup parsley, chopped
12-ounces fresh mussels, raw, cleaned, de-bearded
- Melt butter in a large deep skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add wine, parsley and mussels and turn the heat up to medium for 2 minutes, or until the wine bubbles.
- Cover with a lid and turn heat down to simmer. Cook until the mussels open.
- Serve mussels in their shells in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the mussels.