You might be reminded of goulash, a traditional Hungarian dish, when you first taste this gorgeous golden chicken. Paprika is an extremely popular spice in Hungary, used generously in many recipes.
If you want to highlight this similarity in taste, serve the chicken topped with a teaspoon of light sour cream and a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.
½ cup sweet onion, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
4 (3-ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a blender, add the onion, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, and paprika and purée.
- Pour into a large resealable plastic bag, and add the chicken thighs.
- Press the air out of the bag, seal, and place in the refrigerator so the chicken can marinate for 2 hours, turning it several times.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, and discard the remaining marinade.
- Roast the chicken until it is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.