The savory treatment of fruit in this salad is a welcome relief from cloying refreshments. The lime and smoked flavors harmonize incredibly well. If you are a mango lover, you will make this again and again.
4 cups (660 grams) mangos, peeled, pitted, and sliced into cubes
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons coconut chips
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
⅛ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Slice mango from top to bottom, along the pit. Score with a paring knife, in a cross-hatch pattern. Invert the skin to reveal square mango cubes.
- Slice away the mango cubes onto a plate. Repeat with 2nd side of mango and the 2nd mango.
- Slice along the sides of the pit, and cube as much of this side fruit and place on the plate.
- Arrange mango in an attractive layer on a serving platter or 4 individual serving plates.
- Squeeze lime juice over all the mango.
- Sprinkle salt (if using) on all the mango.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and coconut ships attractively over the mango.
- Arrange the cilantro leaves attractively on top.
- Dust with the smoked paprika. Serve immediately.