Korean Chicken and Vegetables
If you are unfamiliar with the delicious flavor of Gochujang sauce used in the famous Korean recipe, Bibimbap, this recipe provides a delicious introduction.
Cook time: 40min
Total: 1hr 0min
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon Gochujang sauce (gluten free, if needed)
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 small (1 pound) chicken drumsticks, bone in (12-ounces counted for nutrient analysis)
1 cup yellow squash (patty pan or summer squash), sliced
1 medium (119 grams) bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 cup eggplant, cubed
1 small (70 grams) onion, sliced
¼ cup cilantro, garnish
9 x 13 inch baking dish
Pastry brush (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the tomato paste, Gochujang sauce, honey, rice vinegar and garlic in a small saucepan. Mix well.
- Heat over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring so edges do not burn.
- Add the chicken, yellow squash, bell pepper, eggplant and onion to the baking dish.
- Pour the sauce into the dish. Coat all the ingredients.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with cilantro garnish and corn on the cob or other starch.