Italian Style Meatballs
Meatballs are fun to eat and so easy to make, you will have no excuse not to have them sitting on your table at least once a week. This base recipe can be spiced up any way you want with herbs, sauces, and spices.
Meatballs that are Asian-themed, Tex-Mex, Swedish, or tossed in a sweet barbecue sauce all work, so double up the recipe and experiment with something different every time.
Cook time: 35min
Olive oil cooking spray
12 ounces lean ground beef
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch of black pepper, freshly grounded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, mustard, and pepper.
- Form the meat mixture into small (1-inch) meatballs, and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until browned, turning several times, about 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.