2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¾ pound 85% lean ground beef
1 star anise
1 large cinnamon stick
1 clove of garlic, minced
¼ cup red onion, small dice
3 tablespoons no-salt added tomato paste mixed with water to equal ½ cup
2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend
1 tablespoon lower sodium Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground allspice
8 slider size white hamburger buns (Pepperidge Farm® recommended)
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder/flour (optional, for thickening)
1 tablespoon water (optional, for thickening)
- Place the butter into the Instant Pot® and press sauté. Add the beef and cook halfway, pink should remain. If you do not have an Instant Pot® or pressure cooker, see note below.
- Place star anise and cinnamon stick into the pot and stir.
- Place all remaining ingredients into the pot and stir well.
- Ensure the steam release handle is in the ‘Sealing’ position. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Quick release the pressure and remove the star anise and cinnamon stick.
- Stir well to fully combine all ingredients.
- If there is excess liquid, mix arrowroot powder with 1 tablespoon of water and stir it into the pot. Cover and rest 10 minutes.
- Serve 1½ ounces on a bun. (Use a 1½-ounce scooper to help portion the correct amount)