Why buy bread crumbs that come loaded with phosphates and sodium when you can make your own? Follow this recipe and you will see just how easy it is!
5 servings (1 ¼ cup breadcrumbs or 1 ounce)
Cook time: 15min
4 ounces stale or dried bread, cut/torn into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (no salt; typically basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage and thyme)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Blender or Food Processor
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the seasoned crumbs evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the crumbs just begin to brown and are crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Cool the crumbs.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Enjoy your homemade staple!