Herb Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower is often smothered in creamy sauces or cheese, so you can’t get a real appreciation for the earthy, delicious flavor of the vegetable. Using just fresh herbs and a little olive oil allows that unique taste to shine through, and roasting sweetens the cauliflower a little.
If you have leftovers, which is unlikely because it’s so good, try adding this tender vegetable to a smoothie or tucking it in a pita with some water-packed tuna as a hearty lunch.
Cook time: 20min
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the pan
1 head cauliflower, cut in half and then into ½-inch-thick slices
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Toss the cauliflower, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the thyme, chives, and pepper until well coated.
- Spread the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast, turning once, until both sides are golden, about 20 minutes.