Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
This fresh take on enchiladas kicks up the flavor with the green chilies and balances out the spice with its creamy mozzarella. Enjoy this for a tasty weeknight dinner with the family.
3 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 cup mozzarella, shredded and separated into two ½ cup portions
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
8 medium-sized white tortillas
½ cup canned green chilies
1 green onion, chopped (optional)
1 jalapeño (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch cooking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine shredded chicken breast with ½ cup mozzarella, chili powder, garlic and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Lay the tortilla on a flat surface and spread ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture into the tortilla and roll up the tortilla.
- Place the tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat the process filling the remaining tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with ½ cup of green chiles and the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with green onion and jalapeño, if desired.