12 cups water
1½ pounds green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
1 tablespoon oil (such as extra virgin olive oil or canola)
Juice of ½ lemon
Black pepper, freshly grounded, to taste
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon of water
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of oil (such as extra virgin olive oil or canola)
- Bring a stockpot with water to boil. Add beans, and cook until just turning bright green, about 3 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain, then rinse beans with cold water for 1 minute. Place cooled beans in a large bowl and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, water, garlic, and 1 teaspoon oil to make a sauce. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add beans, and stir to coat with oil. Add sauce, continuing to stir, and cook for additional 3 minutes. Finished green beans will be bright green and crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Season with lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper.