Garlic Bok Choy
The magic of this dish is its simplicity. The delicate greens are not overpowered by the sauce; rather the flavors meld in a satisfying way. This recipe pairs well with Asian dumplings or meat dishes.
Cook time: 5min
3 small (15 ounces, approximately 7-inches long) bok choy (cleaned very well)
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 teaspoon or 1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon water
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Steamer basket or microwave
- Steam whole bok choy for 4 to 5 minutes in a steamer basket or cook 1 minute (or longer to become tender) on high in a microwave, nested inside paper towels. Transfer to a platter and arrange in an attractive manner, with leaves spread out.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and oyster sauce. Whisk continually.
- Add the water and stir for less than one minute.
- Slice the bok choy in 4 to 5 sections each in the serving dish.
- Drizzle the sauce over the greens.
- Sprinkle with the hot pepper flakes. Serve immediately.