Fruity Baked Tea
Baked tea is made from fruits and spices and it’s a great and tasty way to stay hydrated all year around. It doesn’t contain any additives, preservatives or artificial sweeteners and it’s also caffeine free.
Cook time: 1hr 0min
Total: 1hr 20min
1 apple, diced
1 pear, diced
1 orange, diced
1 lemon, diced
1 cup peaches, diced
2 cups berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries), diced
½ cup dried apricots, diced
25 pieces cloves
4 pieces star anise
2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 360°F.
- Place all fruits into a baking dish. Add all the spices and sugar and stir.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 mins, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for additional 20 minutes to evaporate some of the juices and concentrate the flavor.
- Remove dish from the oven and transfer contents to 4 large 8-ounce jars or 16 small 2-ounce jars immediately (jars must be clean!).
- Close the jars tightly and let them stand on their lids, with their bottom up, to cool.
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Insert the jars bottoms up and boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove jars and allow them to cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
- To serve, add 1 tablespoon of mixture into a mug. Fill with 8 ounces of hot water and enjoy.