½ cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup puffed rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies®
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sugar
1 (5.3 ounces) container mascarpone cheese
¼ cup berries of your choice, cut into smaller pieces
Nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Blend ½ cup of oats in a blender until it becomes flour and you have at least ¼ cup.
- Add the rice krispies to a separate mixing bowl, along with the oat flour and remaining oats.
- Combine the peanut butter mixture with the oat mixture using a wooden spoon. Mix until a dough-like consistency is formed.
- In a standard, 12 cup muffin tin, press 3 tablespoons of the mixture into each cup to form a bowl shape. Make sure to press firmly so mixture holds together well.
- Freeze the tarts in the tins for 30 minutes, then carefully remove by sliding a thin knife around the edges until it loosens. This will help keep them from breaking and crumbling.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the vanilla extract and sugar into the mascarpone cheese.
- Remove the tart shells from the tin and fill each shell with the mascarpone mixture. Allow them to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add fruit decoratively on top of the mascarpone and sprinkle a bit of nutmeg, if desired. Keep cold or the tarts will crumble and break. Enjoy!