Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
Many vegan pancakes can be leaden without the lifting power of buttermilk and eggs. This recipe combines just the right amount of baking powder to vinegar to create an explosion of bubbles for a delectable, fluffy result.
Cook time: 10min
1 cup unbleached flour
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder, low sodium
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons maple syrup
Additional cinnamon for garnish
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Combine milk, vinegar, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients. Whisk just until smooth.
- Rest the batter for 5 minutes.
- Pour a small ladle (about ¼ to ⅓ cup) of batter onto a lightly oiled griddle (or non-stick pan) over medium heat.
- Cook until the top bubbles (about 3 minutes). Flip and cook until the bottom is cooked and will lift easily.
- Serve with maple syrup and cinnamon, if desired, as topping.