Fig And Goat Cheese Quesadilla
This unique recipe gives the typical quesadilla a Mediterranean twist. It’s perfect for breakfast or as a snack at any time of the year and is very kidney-friendly!
Cook time: 5min
4 (6-inch diameter) whole wheat tortillas, reduced sodium (Receta de Oro®)
4 ounces fig jam
4 ounces (115 g) goat cheese
- Place 2 tortillas on a clean table or cutting board.
- Spread fig jam over each tortilla in a thin, even layer.
- Distribute chunks of goat cheese evenly over the jam. Cover each tortilla with a fresh tortilla and press down firmly.
- Heat a dry cast-iron skillet over high heat. Cook the quesadillas, one at a time, until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Flip carefully with a spatula to cook the second side for 1 to 2 minutes more. Reduce heat, if necessary, to avoid either sides becoming overly blackened.
- Transfer each cooked quesadilla to a plate using a spatula. Slice each into half and enjoy!