2 tablespoons 2% milk
2 tablespoons water
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
1 (4 ounces) can green chiles, rinsed and diced
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup onion, chopped
Makes: 4 Serving size: 1
- In a bowl, beat eggs together with milk and water.
- Stir in black pepper and chiles, set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion to skillet, cook until soft.
- Add egg-chile mixture to skillet and cook with heat reduced to low, stirring occasionally.
- Eggs should be scrambled slowly and gently.
Recipe contributed by Jamie Rinaldi, MS, RD