Egg and Rice Muffins
A perfect on-the-go breakfast, or even a high-protein snack! These delicious, nutrient-packed, muffins are easy to make and can be eaten throughout the week.
¾ cup short-grain rice, cooked (¼ cup + 2 tablespoons uncooked rice)
1½ ounces diced pimentos (3 tablespoons)
2 ounces green chilies, diced (4 tablespoons)
4 ounces shredded cheese, divided
3 large eggs
⅓ cup whole milk
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together cooked rice, pimentos, green chilies and 2 ounces of shredded cheese.
- Spoon mixture into greased 12-muffin tin.
- Beat eggs and milk. Add cumin and pepper.
- Pour mixture into the same muffin tin.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over all 12 muffins.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until firm. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to serve.