Every now and then something essentially healthy and good will taste so delicious it is hard to believe it can be a healthy choice. This recipe is a prime example. Try a bite, it is like biting into an indulgent chocolate truffle.
Cook time: -
2 large (48g each) Medjool dates
1 tablespoon (16g) sunflower seed butter, unsalted
½ ounce dark chocolate, divided
- Slice each date down its length, going only as far as the pit.
- Remove pit, and discard.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon of sunflower seed butter into each date.
- Break off a ¼ inch piece of dark chocolate and put in the center of the date on top of the butter.
- Arrange stuffed dates on a service plate.
- Place remaining chocolate in a tiny metal pot or bowl, over a larger saucepan of boiling water, going only ½ up the container of chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in the water bath and remove.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over each date and the plate.
- Serve immediately.