Crepes With Passion Fruit
Passion fruit can elevate ordinary crepes into something spectacular. Passion fruit has a lower mineral profile than some other fruits and is easy to transform into a fruit sauce. The seeds are nutritious and add a lovely crunchy texture, so be sure not to strain them out!
Cook time: 15min
2 large eggs
1 cup flour, unbleached
1 ¼ cups oat milk
1 ½ tablespoons butter
¾ cup (170 g) passion fruit, fresh pulp with seeds or frozen passion puree
½ cup sugar
Crepe pan or very flat skillet
- Combine the first 3 ingredients for the crepes in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Scoop out the passion fruit pulp into a small saucepan. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Heat the passion fruit mixture until boiling. Lower heat and cook until it reduces to ½ cup of sauce.
- Set aside in a small pitcher.
- To make the crepes, heat the crepe pan or skillet on medium high.
- Melt ½ tablespoon of butter. Ladle crepe batter and swirl the pan around to spread the batter within an inch of the edges of the pan’s cooking surface. Flip when the top of the crepe loses its shine (about 1 ½ minutes).
- Cook second side for 45 seconds and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat, steps 4 and 5, until all the batter is used. Add additional butter as needed.
- Serve with a small spoon of sauce spread inside. Fold in half or in quarters and enjoy!