1 cup butter, softened
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2½ cups all-purpose white flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Candied cherry halves
Makes: 42 Serving size: 2 cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and cream cheese; slowly add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk; add flour and vanilla, mix well.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Gently press a cherry half into each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Recipe created by Jamie Rinaldi MS, RD