1 pound Granny Smith apples
1 pound Fuji apples
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¾ cup water
- Peel, core, and dice apples.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes until water is absorbed and apples appear to be sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and carefully mash apples with a fork, potato masher or in a food processor, to desired consistency.
- Let it cool and enjoy warm, at room temperature or chilled.